Driven Network Solution Architect, with a flair for Project Management and Demand Management to Husqvarna Group
Network Solution Architect
Husqvarna Group Global Information Services has an important role in securing the end to end network service delivery within Husqvarna Group globally. This implies responsibility to deliver the service quality to over 160 sites around the world. The network service and security are managed by an internal Network team together with a global supplier and contains service elements such as Wan, Wlan, Lan, FW, Proxy and Internet services.
Do you want to be part of our exciting journey ahead?
We are now searching for a talented IT Network Solution Architect with project management skills who want to be a part of the journey at Husqvarna Group. In this role you will belong to the Network team which consists of four skilled employees where two are based in Sweden and two in the US. In total Husqvarna Group Global Information Services consists of over 130 employees and consultants. Husqvarna IT works closely with outsourcing partner in the delivery, implementation and change of IT services.
The Network Solutions Architect position will ensure the operational integrity and high availability of enterprise networks for Husqvarna. The primary responsibility of this role is to design and plan Local Area Network, Wide Area Network, Internet Edge, Cloud Network, Network Security, Voice, Remote Access solutions and authentication platforms.
Our key behaviours at Internal Network Team:
- Seek customers point of view in all meetings and decisions
- Demonstrate collaboration by giving and seeking support
- Maintain focus and simplicity
Responsible for designing and planning process of the entire Husqvarna enterprise network. The enterprise network consists of the following segments:
- Datacenter networks
- Internet Edge networks
- Campus and Plant networks
- WAN networks
- Voice networks
- Wireless networks
- Cloud Networks
Responsible for designing and planning process of network security solutions and platforms in accordance with best practices and company policies.
Examples include; Firewalls, Content Filters, IPS appliances, Remote Access and authentication platforms
- Work with Outsourcing Partners for designing, planning and oversight of implementation services.
- Be able to understand business needs and translate into technical demands.
- Be able to participate as a key support contact in high priority network and security related incidents.
- Drive automation to improve operations within network and security.
- Seeks knowledge and stay up to date of new tools, hardware, software, and technology and make recommendations for future deployment.
- Provide documentation/project tracking and management reporting. Provides tactical and strategic input on overall network planning and related projects.
- Assist in creation of business continuity and disaster recovery plans focused on network resiliency and recoverability along with outsourcing partner
Physical demands and work environment
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Who are you?
To be successful as a Network Solution Architect, you should most likely have the following capabilities and experiences:
- Education: Minimal bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science
- Fluent in English
- You should be a driven teamplayer, self-going, structured and able to easily understand relevant areas of the business
- You should have excellent communication and networking skills, a high level of capability to build trust and work in a prestigeless environment where transparency is key
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in IT Infrastructure and Support
- Ability to work with and collaborate with large offshore outsourcing partners
- Ability to be proactive and work well under pressure
- Must be self-motivated with strong sense of ownership
- Experience in leading projects
- Knowledge of various routing, SD-WAN, Switching and Wireless platforms
- Various Firewalls, proxy and load balancer technologies
- Intrusion Prevention/Detection solutions is preferred.
- DNS technology
- VoIP technology
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to interact with customers and vendors and excellent documentation skills.
Charlotte, US or Huskvarna, Sweden. Occasional travels.
We seek people who have a great sense of self-motivation, creative problemsolvers who enjoy collaboration and networking in an international environment - people with a strong desire to add value. Our key behaviors always begins with ME, I take ownership and I ask myself: What can I do?
Can you envision yourself being a part of this? If so, submit your application today!
You will get the opportunity to develop your talents and career in an ambitious and fast growing international company, working within an entrepreneurial culture, combined with a passionate local spirit.
Husqvarna Group offers a global dynamic workplace with a lot of potential for a person who is willing to take on responsibility. Husqvarna has in addition, very attractive employee benefits.
Can you envision yourself being a part of this?
Apply by sending us your resume latest by March 11th. Note that the position might be filled before the application date has expired so don't wait with your application! We do not accept applications via mail due to GDPR.
If you have any questions regarding the position or the process please contact Nathalie Kalmér Nathalie.email@example.com or Todd Lyons at Todd.Lyons@husqvarnagroup.com.
Union representatives: Soili Johansson – Unionen, firstname.lastname@example.org, Cameron Rad, Sveriges Ingenjörer; Akademikerföreningen (Represents all Saco unions), Cameron.Rad@husqvarnagroup.com.