About Chiesi Group
Based in Parma, Italy, Chiesi is an international research-focused pharmaceutical and healthcare group with over 85 years’ experience, operating in 30 countries with more than 6,000 employees (Chiesi Group). To achieve its mission of improving people’s quality of life by acting responsibly towards society and the environment, the Group researches, develops and markets innovative drugs in its main therapeutic areas: Discover more here
We are proud to be the largest global pharmaceutical group to be awarded B Corp Certification, a recognition of high social and environmental standards. We are a reliable company that adopts and promotes a transparent and ethical behaviour at all levels.
We believe that the success of Chiesi is built and shaped by our people and our strong set of shared Values and Behaviours. Our people make a critical difference to our success, which is why it is vital that we attract and retain the right talent who will continue to enrich our culture by living and breathing our values and behaviours.
We are committed to embrace diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities. In fact, we are a global family made up of different cultures, different genders, generations, ethnicities, abilities, sexual identities and many other enriching diversities.
About Chiesi Research & Development
Our R&D team represents a fundamental asset for the business. It is divided into integrated functional areas focusing on pipeline projects including discovery and preclinical research, chemical manufacturing and controls, drug delivery technology, clinical development, regulatory affairs, pharmacovigilance, intellectual property, quality assurance, R&D project and portfolio management. Headquartered in the new purpose-built and fully integrated Research and Development Centre in Parma (Italy), the team also has important operations in Paris (France), Chippenham (UK), Cary (US), Stockholm (Sweden) and Toronto (Canada).
R&D Resource Management & Finance
In this role you will be part of a global team and play an important role to provide the Chiesi Governance Bodies and senior management with reliable data, analyses and reports on long term projections of R&D pipeline. This means that you will work in a collaborative role with many different stakeholders within R&D and across the company and provide material in order to support a correct decision making process and progress ahead for the company. This means working with R&D timeline projections, demand both in terms of expenses and resources and projects’ probability of success.
This is a new role and part of the global team R&D Demand and Business Knowledge that consist of three people and reports to the R&D Demand and Business Knowledge Manager. The role will be based in the headquarter of the Swedish business at Klara Norra Kyrkogata in Stockholm (or remote).
You will work cross functional and in close collaboration with both R&D and Business Development for implementation and transfer of new products. The Head of Manufacturing has a responsibility to set the right balance between R&D, QA, Supply Chain and Manufacturing to deliver high quality and cost-efficient processes. Since Svar Life Science has a growth strategy the role will also aim to ensure that the manufacturing is able to deliver on that strategy.
What we offer at Chiesi Group
You would join a dynamic, fast-growing, challenging, and friendly environment.
In Chiesi we firmly believe that our people are our most valuable asset. That is why we invest in continuous training, learning and development. Therefore, we strive to continuously promote and satisfy development needs, paying particular attention to the quality of our working environment and to collective well-being.
We want our people to come to work happy every day, and we know how important it is to find the right work-life balance in order to be able to give our best. That is why we offer flexible working approach, remote working, support in the relocation process, tax assistance service for foreign colleagues and many other people-care services.
- To support the maintenance & improvement of R&D long term planning processes and tools, building and updating standard values based on internal & external available benchmark and subject matter experts contribution
- To support the process to retrieve and agree projects’ Probability of Technical and Regulatory Success (PTRS)
- To support, monitor and control R&D short term demand in terms of workload and Budget/Forecast/Preclosing R&D Headcount requests process
- To support the R&D KPI maintenance, calculation and presentation, managing any adjustment and/or revision of the ones that need to be modified
- Ensures a proper collection of internal data to support benchmark analysis, together with providing source of anonymized external benchmark, e.g. CMR, with correct internal data
- Interfacing with Project Managers, support the provision of data support to all the R&D functions in terms of time, costs and human resources allocated to projects, in collaboration with R&D Planning & Control unit
- To support Chiesi Financing & Grants unit with necessary data elaborations (eg R&D tax credit and grants) in collaboration with R&D Planning & Control unit
- To deliver monthly reports for portfolio milestones tracking and resource workload analyses
- To deliver Budget/Forecast/Preclosing data processing & related cost & workload variances analyses, in collaboration with R&D Planning & Control unit
- To support Global Corporate Development Team and External Opportunities Evaluation Group in evaluating external opportunities and in building the relevant business cases
- To maintain R&D Enterprise Project and Portfolio Management system (Planisware) and the relevant Power BI dashboard in collaboration with R&D Planning & Control unit
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
- At least 3 years in Portfolio Management or Controlling in New Product Development area
- Experience working with Pharmaceutical development processes is a merit
- Relevant experience is working with project management, performance management, data analytics, high level mastering of digital transformation opportunities and challenges
- Experienced in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and experience working with project, portfolio management systems and ERP-systems (previous experience working with PLANISWARE and/or SAP is a merit)
- Experience working with predictive and optimisation models creation, knowledge of specific digital tools and programming languages supporting data science and experience in AI/machine learning field is a merit
- Fluent in English
- Degree in Economics or Business Economics /Management Engineering Degree / Degree in Scientific Area or relevant previous experience in similar role that deems equivalent.
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Problem solving
- Structured and attention to details
In this recruitment Chiesi Group is cooperating with AIMS International. Please send your application (CV and cover letter) as soon as possible since we are interviewing candidates continuously. If you have any questions about the position, please contact the responsible consultant Louise Brondin Månsson, firstname.lastname@example.org 0763-283080