Would you like to be part of a group that envision the future of retail innovation? At We Pricer we create products, services and experiences that enrich shopping experience in the stores. Bring your passion, dedication and focus and be part of our dream team that creates the future today!
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a passioned Hardware Engineering Manager to lead our hardware engineering group. As the HW Engineering Manager you will oversee the engineering, technologies and processes that enable our hardware engineers to deliver the best possible hardware products. This includes responsibility for innovations that help enhancing shopping experience but also optimize the operations in stores.
You will play a significant role in the development of products by engaging in a very collaborative, rapidly changing environment to integrate new technologies into our designs. You will fully engage to contribute at every stage of the Pricer’s product development cycle, from concept to production, driving the development activities needed to implement individual product features and also system validation activities. You will report directly to our R&D Manager.
Some of your key responsibilities:
- Drive the current and future hardware products development
- Coordinate with our engineering and product management teams to ensure smooth development processes aligned with Pricer’s strategies
- Make strategic technical product decisions that positively affect the engineering team’s ability to deliver hardware products that includes ESLs, Shelf Cameras, infrastructure components
- Work closely with the other Engineering leaders to define both short-term actions but also long-term strategical engineering decisions over the R&D group
- Work closely with our Supply Chain and Procurement group to ensure optimal components sourcing, deliveries and ready-to-production resources
- Secure needed competences through new recruitments and continuously competence development of existing engineers
- Make sure that our clients will continue to have the best quality and products in the market
- Provide employees career-development opportunities and maintain an ongoing constructive feedback loop with them
- Inspire innovation and technical growth in your employees through hands-on mentoring and encouragement
- 5+ years leading a hardware development/embedded software or firmware development team
- 5+ years of proven excellence in embedded devices, firmware, device driver, or equivalent experience
- Expertise and proficiency in at least one of the following competences: mechanics, electronics, optics or embedded software
- Experience with displays, low-power devices is a big plus
- Knowledge of IR and wireless communications is also a big plus
- Passion for product engineering and track record of product development
- Able to coordinate the efforts of a multidisciplinary team and parallel projects
- Excellent communication and collaboration is a must, as this role demands to partner with team members and the other engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is a must
- Highly creative, motivated and passionate about achieving results
- Genuine energy to build great products
At Pricer you get to work in a truly global and multicultural environment with driven and highly skilled colleagues. You will be working together with passionate colleagues in a flat and creative environment, using cutting edge technologies.
Pricer is an agile company where there is great potential to self-development.
We have Lab Fridays and access to courses for competence development, flexible work hours, a collaborative environment and market competitive salary, pension, insurance plans. You will get 30 days annual vacation and we offer benefits to promote physical health.
Pricer develops and manufactures the world’s most reliable digital store communication system with electronic shelf labels (ESL). We help retailers around the world to solve a number of key and time-consuming in-store challenges by streamlining critical processes in the store, such as price updates, in-store picking and inventory. We are a catalyst for retail digitalization. Our system provides a stable platform for reaching out with messages, product information and offers to the shoppers. By developing technical solutions and services that are easy to implement, apply and use, we help our customers blur the boundaries between different sales channels in an increasingly digitalized and connected world. For 30 years, our ideas, technology and employees have changed the way retailers around the world carry out their duties and communicate with their customers.
Pricer was founded in Sweden in 1991 and is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm.